At Portland Stage there are many ways to subscribe and save. To jump to specific information on any of our subscription packages click the links below:
- Savings over single ticket prices
- One-time handling charge for the entire season
- Exclusive exchange privileges
- Discounts for Family & Friends
- Ticket Insurance if you lose your tickets
But the greatest benefit is that you will be there to see every production – the incredible sets, the marvelous actors, the scripts that make you laugh and cry. Subscribing means you will never miss the play that everyone is talking about because by the time you called the Box Office, the production was over or the performances were SOLD OUT.
Subscriptions are available by calling or visiting the Box Office Tue-Sun from 12pm-6pm.
EXCLUSIVE BENEFIT – Subscribers can always exchange.
- Exchange Within a Show – Unable to make your scheduled show? Contact the box office at least 48hrs before your original date or before your new date, whichever comes first.
If something comes up less than 48 hours before your performance, or if you’ve missed your scheduled date, call the box office anyway. We want our subscribers to see our shows, so we’ll do all that we can to get you into a performance.
- Swap-A-Play: Subscribers can swap tickets, from one play for extra tickets to any other play within your subscription series. This offer is limited to one swap during the season. Swaps must be made BEFORE the date you wish to cancel.
Ticket Assurance: – Forgot you tickets? Lost your tickets? Lost your whole subscription? Not a problem, give the box office a call on the day of the show or stop by the box office at least 20 minutes before show time and we will reprint your tickets.
- Unused Tickets: If you cannot use your tickets for a specific production, consider passing them on to friends or family. You can also mail them or drop them by the Box Office prior to the date and time on the tickets to receive a tax deduction for the value of the ticket. A receipt for the value of your ticket donation will be mailed in January or August.
- Cancelled Performances: Portland Stage rarely cancels a performance. A performance may be cancelled for inclement weather if the City of Portland declares a snow emergency. Cancellations will be announced no later than three hours prior to the scheduled start time of the performance. Should a performance be cancelled, we will post this information on our website, local television and radio stations, and via Portland Stage Box Office. To reschedule your cancelled performance or for more information, call the Portland Stage Box Office.
FULL SEASON – As a Fixed Seat Subscriber you receive 1 admission to each of the 6 Mainstage shows. Does not include the co-production with Maine State Music Theater or Portland Stage’s holiday production. This type of subscription means that you will have the same seat, same day of the run and same time at each production.
For example: If you subscribe to the 3rd Thursday in seat H103, you have seat H103 to every 3rd Thursday within the run of each show (note – this is not necessarily the 3rd Thursday of the month).
SNOWBIRD – All of the stability of the Full Season Subscription above except you receive 1 admission to just 4 Mainstage shows and skip the cold Winter months. Your tickets will be for the first two shows and the last two shows of the Mainstage season. Does not include the co-production with Maine State Music Theater or Portland Stage’s holiday production.
FLEXPASS – All of the benefits of a Fixed Seat Subscription without being locked into a permanent date or time. Ease and flexibility! Flexpass Subscribers have the flexibility to use their tickets in any combination throughout the season until the pass is used up (example-2 tickets to 3 shows, 3 tickets to 2 shows, etc.). Book online or call the Box Office to reserve your seats! You can also email us at email@example.com. Rest assured, we will give you the best seats available at the time we receive your reservation.
We offer both a Single FlexPass good for 6 admissions and a Double FlexPass good for 12 admissions. Flex Passes cannot be used for our holiday production or our co-production with Maine State Music Theater
BUY FLEXPASS SUBSCRIPTION
SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE PRICING
Full Season Seated Subscription
Previews Week 1 – $165.50
Saver Saturdays at 8pm – $185.00
Weekdays – $206.00
Weekend Matinees – $230.00
Previews Week 1 – $112.00
Saver Saturdays at 8pm – $125.00
Weekdays – $139.00
Weekend Matinees – $155.00
Single Flex (6 admissions) – $230.00
Double Flex (12 admissions) – $460.00
Discounts available for Seniors 65 and older,
and students with a valid school ID