February 15 – Summer Education Apprenticeship
March 15 – All other Apprenticeships
To apply, you will need to submit a completed application form (download it below), cover letter, resumé, and two letters of recommendation. Be certain to read the entire form and fill it out completely. Make every effort for at least one of the letters of recommendation to be from someone who has directly supervised your work in the area in which you are applying.
Additional Support Materials based on specific apprenticeships:
- Directing / Dramaturgy
- Submit a two-page writing sample that demonstrates your ability to incorporate research or observation and write in an engaging, readable style.
- Submit one sample lesson plan. Our programming ranges from 4 to 18 years old, pick an age range and submit a lesson plan for an active, 45-minute theater workshop. The lesson plan does not need to be for an existing Portland Stage program.
Ready to apply?
- Before you apply, we highly recommend that the Frequently Asked Questions page is reviewed in full.
- Download and complete the 2022 – 2023 Apprentice Application. PDF File or the Word File.
- To apply, complete the application form and compile all of the additional materials (cover letter, resume, letters of recommendation, writing samples, lesson plans, etc.), turn it into a PDF with your name, apprenticeship area in the file name, (“Smith, Jane – Electrics”) and email it to ApprenticeSearch.
- For more detailed instructions refer to this document – Apprentice Application Instructions
- Upon receipt of your application materials we will reply to inform you it has arrived.
- If you would like to apply for a financial aid scholarship there is a separate application for that which will be available in early February.
Email is the best way to reach us: ApprenticeSearch
Company Manager/Apprentice Coordinator
Education Administrator/Apprentice Coordinator