• Senior Citizens 65 and up – receive a $4 savings off the regular price.
• Students*- for advanced ticket sales students received a $15 savings off the regular price
• Student Rush* – $15 day of show for all full-time students of any age, in person only.
*Student ticket purchases are for full-time students. A valid school ID for higher education students must be presented at time of pickup.
• Rush 35* – $15 day of show – for ages 18-35.
*Rush35 – must present an ID that includes picture and date of birth.
• Military – receive $15 off the Regular Adult price for up to 4 tickets to all Mainstage productions, including our holiday productions, with a valid military ID.
• Groups – for groups of 10 or more.
• Members – receive 15% off the regular ticket price when purchasing additional tickets to any of the mainstage shows or to the holiday show.
• Pay-What-You-Can – Portland Stage designates certain performances as Pay-What-You-Can performances, with a limited number of tickets offered.
Pay-What-You-Can Performance Information
Portland Stage offers a limited number of discounted tickets for select performances to each Mainstage show. These tickets are made possible through the generous support of our donors to ensure that patrons who cannot afford our regular ticket pricing can attend our shows.
Pay-What-You-Can rules are as follows:
- Pay-What-You-Can tickets are a suggested price of $10, but we will accept whatever you feel you can afford.
- Limit of two (2) tickets per customer as there are a limited number of Pay-what-you-can tickets set aside.
- Pay-What-You-Can tickets go on sale at 12 noon on the day of the performance.
- Tickets must be purchased in person.
- Seating is limited to designated areas.
Note: All sales are final and there are no refunds or changes allowed after purchase.
2019-20 Season Pay-What-You-Can Performances
Unless otherwise noted, all Pay-What-You-Can performances are the first Tuesday at 7:30 pm, the first Thursday at 7:30 pm, and the third Thursday at 2:00 pm.
The Clean House by Sarah Ruhl
Tuesday, September 24 at 7:30 pm
Thursday, September 26 at 7:30 pm
Thursday, October 10 at 2:00 pm
Read to Me by Brendan Pelsue
Tuesday, October 22 at 7:30 pm
Thursday, October 24 at 7:30 pm
Thursday, November 7 at 2:00 pm
It’s A Wonderful Life adapted by Joe Landry
Friday, November 29 at 7:00 pm
Almost, Maine by John Cariani
Wednesday, January 15 at 7:30 pm
Thursday, January 16 at 7:30 pm
Sunday, January 19th at 7:30 pm
Thursday, January 23 at 2:00 pm
Thursday, February 6 at 2:00 pm
Native Gardens by Karen Zacarias
Tuesday, March 3 at 7:30 pm
Thursday, March 5 at 7:30 pm
Thursday, March 19 at 2:00 pm
The Children by Lucy Kirkwood
Tuesday, April 7 at 7:30 pm
Thursday, April 9 at 7:30 pm
Thursday, April 23 at 2:00 pm
Sabina by Willy Holtzman
Tuesday, May 5 at 7:30 pm
Thursday, May 7 at 7:30 pm
Thursday, May 21 at 2:00 pm