Portland Stage, located at 25A Forest Avenue, Portland, ME, hosts our 286-seat Mainstage Theater, our 75-seat Studio Theater and a 40 seat Theater for Kids (Storefront). Mainstage and Studio Theater are located on the 2nd floor of the Portland Stage building, Theater for Kids (Storefront) is located on the ground level. To check availability or to receive a rental quote, contact: Megan Doane via email or call 207.774.1043 x102.
• Proscenium theater with raked seating
• Stage area: 32′ wide by 27′ deep
• Seating capacity: 286
• Lighting and sound systems are included.
• Weekly and daily (2-day minimum) rentals.
• Best availability for rental is late May through early July.
• Small three-quarter thrust black-box theater
• Stage area: approximately 22′ wide by 18′ deep (depending on seating)
• Seating capacity: 75
• Basic sound board, speakers, and lighting system are included.
• Weekly rentals (one week minimum).
Theater for Kids (Storefront)
• Flexible black-box theater.
• Stage area: approximately 18′ wide by 40′ deep (depending on seating)
• Seating capacity: 40 seats (folding chairs included)
– The space can accommodate up to 75 depending on configuration.
• Lighting system package included.
• Sound system consists of a speaker hooked up to run from an audio jack.
• Rentals based on scheduling availability.
• This space is not automatically accessible to someone in a wheelchair, a ramp can be provided and set off to the side to enable easier access as necessary.
Front of House – Front of House services are not part of the rental agreement but can be provided for an additional fee.
Insurance – Renter must have liability insurance.
Marketing – Renter should plan to create and distribute all marketing materials.
Parking – Parking is NOT provided for renters or their patrons. Parking is available, for a nominal fee, at several garages within a few blocks of the theater. There is also on-street parking within walking distance of the theater. On-street parking is free after 6pm Mondays-Saturdays and all day on Sundays and holidays.
Technician – Renter must use a Portland Stage Approved Technician to operate the equipment and ensure the building is properly locked up.
For more information about our venue click here.