• Senior Citizens 65 and up – receive a $4 savings off the regular price.
• Students*- for advanced ticket sales students received a $15 savings off the regular price
• Student Rush* – $15 day of show for all full time students of any age, in person only.
• Rush 35** – $15 day of show – for ages 18-35.
• Groups – for groups of 10 or more.
• Subscribers – receive 15% off the regular ticket price when purchasing additional tickets to any of the mainstage shows or to the holiday show.
• Pay-What-You-Can – Portland Stage designates certain performances as Community Nights and a limited number of tickets offered as Pay-What-You Can.
*Student ticket purchases are for full time students. A valid school ID for higher education students must be presented at time of pickup.
**Rush35 – must present an ID that includes picture and date of birth.
Pay-What-You-Can Performance Information
Portland Stage offers a limited number of discounted tickets for select performances to each Mainstage show. These tickets are made possible through the generous support of our donors to ensure that patrons who cannot afford our regular ticket pricing can attend our shows.
Pay-What-You-Can rules are as follows:
- Pay-what-you-can tickets are a suggested price of $10, but we will accept what ever you feel you can afford.
- Limit of two (2) tickets per customer as there are a limited number of Pay-what-you-can tickets set aside.
- Pay-what-you-can tickets go on sale at 12 noon on the day of the performance.
- Tickets must be purchased in person.
- Seating is limited to designated areas.
Note: All sales are final and there are no refunds or changes allowed after purchase.
2017-18 Season Pay-What-You-Can Performances
Unless otherwise noted, all Pay-What-You-Can performances are the first Tuesday at 7:30 pm, the first Saturday at 8:00 pm, and the third Thursday at 2:00 pm.
Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill by Lanie Robertson
Tuesday September 19 at 7:30 pm
Saturday September 23 at 8:00 pm
Thursday October 5 at 2:00 pm
Complications from a Fall by Kate Hawley
Tuesday, October 24 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, October 28 at 8:00 pm
Thursday November 9, at 2:00 pm
It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play Adapted by Joe Landry
Thursday, December 7 at 7:00pm
Babette’s Feast Conceived and Developed by Abigail Killeen, Written by Rose Courtney, Adapted from the Short Story by Isak Dinesen
Tuesday, January 23 at 7:30pm
Saturday, January 27 at 8:00 pm
Thursday, February 8 at 2:00 pm
Red Herring by Michael Hollinger
Tuesday, February 27 at 7:30pm, Saturday
March 3 at 8:00 pm
Thursday, March 15 at 2:00 pm
The Niceties by Eleanor Burgess
Tuesday, April 3 at 7:30pm
Saturday, April 7 at 8:00 pm
Thursday, April 19 at 2:00 pm
Sex and Other Disturbances by Marisa Smith
Tuesday, May 1 at 7:30pm
Saturday, May 5 at 8:00 pm
Thursday, May 17 at 2:00 pm