• Senior Citizens 65 and up – receive a $4 savings off the regular price.
• Students*- for advanced ticket sales students received a $15 savings off the regular price
• Student Rush* – $15 day of show for all full time students of any age, in person only.
• Rush 35** – $15 day of show – for ages 18-35.
• Groups – for groups of 10 or more.
• Subscribers – receive 15% off the regular ticket price when purchasing additional tickets.
• Pay-What-You-Can – Portland Stage designates certain performances as Community Nights and a limited number of tickets offered as Pay-What-You Can.
*Student ticket purchases are for full time students. A valid school ID for higher education students must be presented at time of pickup.
**Rush35 – must present an ID that includes picture and date of birth.
Community Performance Information
Made possible through the generous support of our donors for patrons who cannot afford to attend at our regular ticket prices. See schedule of Community Performances below.
Community Night rules are as follows:
- Tickets are Pay-what-you-can. The suggested price is $10 but we will accept whatever you feel you can afford.
- Limit of two (2) tickets per customer as there is only a limited number of tickets set aside for each Community Performance.
- Community Performance tickets go on sale at 12 noon on the day of the performance.
- Tickets must be purchased in person.
- Seating is limited to designated areas.
- We do not offer Community Performances for our Studio Theater productions.
Note: All sales are final and there are no refunds or changes allowed after purchase.
2016-17 Season Community Performances
Unless otherwise noted all Community Performances are the first Tuesday at 7:30pm, the first Saturday at 8pm, and the last Thursday matinee of the runs at 2pm.
Later Life by A. R. Gurney
Tuesday September 27 at 7:30pm, Saturday October 1 at 8pm, and Thursday October 20 at 2pm.
Sotto Voce by Nilo Cruz
Tuesday, November 1 at 7:30 pm, Saturday, November 5 at 8pm, and Thursday November 17, at 2pm.
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Sunday, December 4 at 5:00pm
Arsenic and Old Lace by Joseph Kesselring
Tuesday, January 24 at 7:30pm, Saturday, January 28 at 8pm, and Thursday, February 16 at 2pm.
Buyer & Cellar by Jonathan Tolins
Tuesday, February 28 at 7:30pm, Saturday, March 4 at 8pm, and Thursday, March 23 at 2pm.
String Around My Finger by Brenda Withers
Tuesday, April 4 at 7:30pm, Saturday, April 8 at 8pm, and Thursday, April 20 at 2pm.
Disgraced by Ayad Ahkatar
Tuesday, May 2 at 7:30pm, Saturday, May 6 at 8pm and Thursday, May 18 at 2pm.
Portland Stage offers a limited number of discounted tickets for the first Tuesday and last Thursday Matinee of each mainstage show and for one performance of our holiday show. These tickets are Pay-What-You-Can and are offered to ensure that patrons who cannot afford to attend at our regular ticket pricing. Community Performance tickets are made possible through generous support of our donors.