• Senior Citizens 65 and up – receive a $4 savings off the regular price.
• Students*- for advanced ticket sales students received a $15 savings off the regular price
• Student Rush* – $15 day of show for all full time students of any age, in person only.
• Rush 35** – $15 day of show – for ages 18-35.
• Groups – for groups of 10 or more.
• Subscribers – receive 15% off the regular ticket price when purchasing additional tickets.
• Pay-What-You-Can – Portland Stage designates certain performances as Community Nights and a limited number of tickets offered as Pay-What-You Can.
*Student ticket purchases are for full time students. A valid school ID for higher education students must be presented at time of pickup.
**Rush35 – must present an ID that includes picture and date of birth.
Pay-What-You-Can Performance Information
Made possible through the generous support of our donors for patrons who cannot afford to attend at our regular ticket prices. See schedule of Pay-What-You-Can Performances below.
Pay-What-You-Can rules are as follows:
- Tickets are Pay-what-you-can. The suggested price is $10 but we will accept whatever you feel you can afford.
- Limit of two (2) tickets per customer as there is only a limited number of tickets set aside for each Community Performance.
- Community Performance tickets go on sale at 12 noon on the day of the performance.
- Tickets must be purchased in person.
- Seating is limited to designated areas.
- We do not offer Community Performances for our Studio Theater productions.
Note: All sales are final and there are no refunds or changes allowed after purchase.
2017-18 Season Pay-What-You-Can Performances
Unless otherwise noted, all Community Performances are the first Tuesday at 7:30pm, the first Saturday at 8pm, and the last Thursday matinee of the runs at 2pm.
Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill by Lanie Robertson
Tuesday September 19 at 7:30pm, Saturday September 23 at 8pm, and Thursday October 5 at 2pm.
Complications from a Fall by Kate Hawley
Tuesday, October 24 at 7:30 pm, Saturday, October 28 at 8pm, and Thursday November 9, at 2pm.
Babette’s Feast Conceived and Developed by Abigail Killeen, Written by Rose Courtney, Adapted from the Short Story by Isak Dinesen
Tuesday, January 23 at 7:30pm, Saturday, January 27 at 8pm, and Thursday, February 16 at 2pm.
Red Herring by Michael Hollinger
Tuesday, February 27 at 7:30pm, Saturday, March 3 at 8pm, and Thursday, March 15 at 2pm.
The Niceties by Eleanor Burgess
Tuesday, April 3 at 7:30pm, Saturday, April 7 at 8pm, and Thursday, April 19 at 2pm.
Sex and Other Disturbances by Marisa Smith
Tuesday, May 1 at 7:30pm, Saturday, May 5 at 8pm and Thursday, May 17 at 2pm.
Portland Stage offers a limited number of discounted tickets for the first Tuesday and last Thursday Matinee of each mainstage show and for one performance of our holiday show. These tickets are Pay-What-You-Can and are offered to ensure that patrons who cannot afford to attend at our regular ticket pricing. Community Performance tickets are made possible through generous support of our donors.