Student Matinee – Christmas Carol
A CHRISTMAS CAROL
by Charles Dickens
Celebrate the holidays with this timeless tale that embodies the season: love, family, and the spirit of goodwill. See it brought to life on-stage, with charming costumes, delightful music, and a few ghostly apparitions. This magical production is perfect for the entire family, guaranteed to warm the heart of every Scrooge.
Student Matinee Dates
Tuesday, December 2nd
Wednesday, December 3rd
Thursday, December 4th
Friday, December 5th
Tuesday, December 9th
Wednesday, December 10th
Thursday, December 11th
Tuesday, December 16th
Wednesday, December 17th
Thursday, December 18th
To make a reservation for one of our 10:00 am Student Matinees, contact the Education Department at 207.774.1043 x104 or e-mail.
Student Matinee Reservations are not handled by the Box Office.
Student Matinee Program
The Portland Stage Student Matinee Program annually provides more than 4,000 middle and high school students from Maine and New Hampshire with discounted tickets for student matinees. Following Student Matinee performances, students participate in discussions with members of the cast and crew, actively and energetically exploring all elements of the production and the issues raised in the play.
By attending a professional production at Portland Stage, middle and high school students
- Experience following a complex multi-perspective narrative over an extended
period of time.
- Analyze the point of view of the playwright and compare it to that of other
students and themselves.
- Develop the ability to analyze play structure, character, actor / director choices.
- Learn about other people and cultures, developing empathy
- Observe consequences of decisions
- Develop a greater understanding of the world
- Connect to a wide range of ideas & points-of-view provides foundation for the future.
To download the Portland Stage 2014-2015 Student Matinee Brochure,
please click here.
Click here to view PlayNotes, our education resource guide.