The Portland Stage Student Matinee Program annually provides more than 7,000 middle and high school students from Maine and New Hampshire with discounted tickets for student matinees. Following Student Matinee performances, students participate in discussions with members of the cast and crew, actively and energetically exploring all elements of the production and the issues raised in the play.
Student Matinee Reservations are handled by the Education Department, not the Box Office. To make a reservation for one of our 10:00 am matinees, contact the Education Department at 207.774.1043 x101 or email
For more information about individual shows, click on the play title.
All Student Matinee performances begin at 10:00 AM.
(Contains adult themes and content, recommended for High School Groups)
Wednesday May 10th
Thursday May 11th
Portland Stage creates powerful theater that resonates with our community. If you have questions about the subject or content of any of our plays, please contact the Education Department prior to purchasing tickets for a detailed synopsis and age recommendations.
HOW STUDENTS BENEFIT:
- Follow a complex multi-perspective narrative over an extended
period of time;
- Analyze play structure/character development;
- Break down choices by the playwright/actor/director;
- Observe consequences of ones actions;
- Learn about other people and cultures;
- Connect to a wide range of ideas and points-of-view providing a broader understanding of the world and a foundation for the future.
Click here to view PlayNotes, our education resource guide.
To download the Portland Stage 2016-2017 Student Matinee Brochure, please click here.
Interested in Ticket to Ride discounted transportation through The Maine Arts Commission? Click here.