Portland Stage - located at 25A Forest Avenue, Portland, ME includes our 288-seat Mainstage Theater and our 75-seat Studio Theater.
Both performance spaces are located on the 2nd floor of the Portland Stage building.
Both spaces are available to rent. To check availability or to receive a rental quote, contact: Andrew Harris at 207.774.1043 x115 or by email aharris(at)portlandstage.org.
- Proscenium theater with raked seating
- Stage area: 32' wide by 27' deep
- Seating capacity: 288
- Rental includes use of Portland Stage lobby, green room, sound system and 120-dimmer lighting system
- Weekly and daily (2-day minimum) rentals
- Non-profit and corporate rates
- Best availability for rental is late May through early September and the first few weeks of January
- Renter-liability insurance required.
Renters of the Portland Stage Mainstage are required to hire a Portland Stage House Manager and a Portland Stage-approved technician.
The Studio Theater
- Small three-quarter thrust black-box theater.
- Stage area: approximately 22' wide by 18' deep, depending on seating.
- Seating capacity: 75
- Lighting system package included.
- No sound system provided.Weekly rentals (one week minimum).
- Non-profit and corporate rates.
- Renter-liability insurance required
Renters of the Studio Theater are required to hire a Portland Stage-approved technician.
Other Facility Information:
Parking - Is NOT provided for renters or their patrons. Parking is available, for a nominal fee, at several garages within a few blocks of the theater. There is also on-street parking within walking distance of the theater. On-street parking is free after 6pm and all day on Sundays and holidays.
Restrooms - Located on the second floor across from the stairs.
Coatroom - located on the second floor, to the left of the entrance to the main lobby. The coatroom is unattended. Portland Stage is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Smoking - is not permitted inside the Portland Stage building.
Elevator- located behind the ground level staircase, beside the Box Office. The elevator may be taken to the 2nd floor only, and does not access the rear section of the Mainstage Theater.